First impressions of homes are important when selling as they can really make an impact on potential buyers. Many people find it hard to imagine what isn’t there, and that’s why it’s important to invest in keeping up both the outside and inside of your house. One of the ways to do this is through hiring a professional stager. Home stagers are great at maximizing the space and showing the true potential of each room. Here are a few things to keep in mind when you’re considering hiring.
- Its their home, not yours: When you’re selling, you’re no longer selling your house. You’re trying to sell someone their new home. So styles that worked for you, might not work for future home buyers. A professional home stager keeps up with the current trends and will be able to help transform each room.
- Empty rooms show potential issues: Empty rooms aren’t as empty as you would think. A lack of furniture means that buyers can only focus on small flaws. Furthermore, interior design is not everyone’s forte, and they might not be able to envision how to place furniture in the room.
- Dig deep: Make sure to fully interview a potential home stager. Ask to see their portfolio, references, and any reviews that they may have. You’re trusting this person to help sell your house, so you have to make sure that they’re the right person for the job and will be able to stage your home well.
- Market time: Sellers usually find that their homes sell faster after they’re staged. Buyers are able to see the real potential of each room and become more excited about the possibilities. They see themselves living there.
- Lastly, keep it clean: If you decide to stage your home, the next important step is keeping it presentable. This means keeping both the outside and inside clean. Keep the lawn mowed, the hedges trimmed, and make sure that for every open house the interior is tidy.
Hiring a home stager to design the interior of your home can lead to a quicker sale for a higher price. If you’re ever confused on whether you should hire a professional, talk to your real estate agent! They’ll be able to help you figure out the best plan for selling your home.