No Comments

Who to Notify When You’re Moving

It may seem like a nuisance or tedious, but it is very important to notify certain people and institutions when you’re moving to a new place.

  • Family and friends: I’m sure they would love to keep in touch with you.
  • Current employer
  • Pension Plan/401K
  • Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid
  • Postal Services: You can do this online or in person.
  • Utilities: Electricity, Gas, Water, Cable/Satellite, Phone, Trash, and Internet Providers
  • Cell Phone Provider
  • Insurance Companies
  • DMV and Voter Registration (if moving to a new state)
  • Financial Institutions
  • Credit Card Companies: Including store credit card accounts
  • Government Agencies
  • The IRS: You can print out and mail in the required form.
  • Doctors, Dentist, Orthodontist, Eye Doctor, Etc.
  • Subscription Services and Clubs
  • Newspaper and Magazine Subscriptions
  • Cleaners, Maid, Lawn Care
  • Accountant, Financial Advisor
  • Lawyer
  • Your Child’s School, Doctor, Tutors, Sports Coaches, Etc.
  • Your Pet’s Veterinarian and Kennel
  • Your Alma Mater

Comments (0)