ROI is an important part of your house‘s value- it’s beneficial to know the things you can do that could improve it the most.
- Replace your front door. Old front doors can be a source of home energy loss, and they can be eyesores as well. Replace your door for a new steel one that’s painted an attractive color.
- Install a new garage door. This will make for better curb appeal, as well as good ROI.
- Replace old windows. These are good investments, especially if you get a brand-name instead of an off-brand; If they need replacing in the future they will still be made by the company.
- Install new siding. There are different kinds that have varying pros and cons. Vinyl is a good choice- it’s not expensive, it’s durable, and it’s easily installed.
- Add a deck or patio. Be sure to pick a material that best matches your region’s climate.
- Add in kitchen upgrades. It’s not always the cheapest renovation, but it brings in good ROI. Updated kitchens are a big selling point for buyers. Stainless steel appliances are a good investment, especially if they’re all the same brand.
- Turn an attic into a bedroom. You’ll have to check your local building codes first, but renovating an attic into a bedroom is usually a good investment.
- Remodel your basement. Make sure there’s enough light there (artificial or natural) so that it seems even bigger, and generally has a better ambiance.
- Replace your roof. Make sure you get the right material.
- Remodel your bathroom. This generally has better ROI than a bathroom addition.
- Add a fence. Having a fence is a selling point for some people with dogs and kids. However, you may want to steer clear of chain-link varieties.
- Add in smart technology. If it’s energy efficient, like a programmable smart thermostat, many people will spend more. Which brings us to the next point.
- Ensure energy efficiency. Many people will pay more for certifications like Energy Star, since they know these will save them money on utilities over time.
- Plant trees. Probably not what comes to mind, right? Trees (correctly spaced around your house) save you energy costs, prevents erosion, and makes your home seem more attractive.
Ready to sell your home? Look no further! When it comes to Georgia real estate, the Ratchford Realty Group has got you covered.