As the holidays grow nearer, homeowners often ask if they should remove their houses from the market. I’m also frequently asked this time of year whether sellers should wait until after the New Year, or Spring, to list.
I can assure you that waiting could cost you more than you bargained for!
1. Due to lower inventory during the holidays, there are fewer homes to choose from, and less competition means more money for you.
2. Interest rates are LOW right now! Take advantage of them before they rise again, and notice a difference on your next mortgage payments.
3. Buyers that shop during the winter often have a more serious approach to home buying.
4. Showings may be fewer, but you will find that buyers are more qualified and motivated.
5. Your holiday decor can certainly make your home appear more “homey” and inviting.
6. Statistics indicate that the highest percentages of “listings sold” to “listings taken” occur during this time of year.
7. Emotions run high during the festivities of the holidays, as does “emotional purchasing”.
8. Buyers expect that you will not be showcasing your home on those specific, sacred days, which allows you that special time with your family.
9. Buyers frequently have more scheduled time off from work, and can view your home during the weekdays.
10. As the weather warms, the supply of homes available goes up dramatically, and you will be directly competing with them.
11. Many buyers want to delay their move until after the holidays; therefore, you may be able to stay in your home for an extended period, even if you have closed with the new buyer.
12. If you sell now, then by the time Spring arrives, you may be free from the burden of having your house to sell. Therefore you will be a more attractive BUYER, while competing with other buyers who need to sell THEIR homes before they can buy.
13. Many folks are relocating due to a job transfer, and must purchase now!
If you’re considering selling your home, right now is the very best time to do it! Don’t wait until your competition is at peak.
Call Deb at 678-570-4779 to get your home sold fast! I offer a no-hassle, no-obligation, FREE comparative market analysis which will illustrate accurate market data of your homes’ value.